In this video report, Executive Director Seth Miller provides an update on the 2011 Florida Legislative session. Three bills have been filed that will affect the work of IPF and wrongful convictions in Florida. Information about each bill, its sponsor and number are presented in the video and summarized below.
We are asking you to call your legislators to let them know that these issues are important to you and urge their support for these reforms.
Eyewitness Identification Best Practices
- SB 1206, sponsored by Sen. Joe Negron (R-Palm City); can be reached at (850) 487-5088
- HB 821, sponsored by Rep. Perry Thurston (D-Ft. Lauderdale), can be reached at (850) 488-1084
Unanimous Jury Verdicts in Capital Sentencing
- SB 1066, sponsored by Thad Altman (R-Melbourne), can be reached at (850) 487-5053
- HB 979, sponsored by Rep. John Patrick Julien (D-North Miami Beach), can be reached at (850) 488-7088
Wrongful Conviction Compensation Revision
- SB 250, sponsored by Sen. Arthenia Joyner (D-Tampa), can be reached at (850) 487-5059