How Your Gift Helps
The Innocence Project of Florida is a non-profit legal organization providing pro bono services to our clients. We are a tax exempt organization pursuant to the Internal Revenue Service Act Section 501(c)(3). As such, all donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Our Federal Tax ID is 20-0210812.
Although we are the premier resource in Florida for those who have been wrongfully convicted and imprisoned, we receive no funding from the State of Florida. Grants by the Florida Bar Foundation, Department of Justice, and others have brought us this far, and for that we will always be grateful. But our continued operation and success depends on the generosity and financial support of friends, like you.
Your gift will help us:
- Evaluate and process the hundreds of requests for assistance that IPF receives
- Fund more investigators, experts, attorneys and staff to litigate our cases
- Pay for DNA testing for indigent clients
- Provide more transitional assistance to exonerees
- Advance our reform initiatives to address the causes of wrongful convictions
What Your Contribution Pays For
- $25 – Pay for the approximate postage for mailing questionnaires to 25 inmates, which begins IPF’s case review process
- $50 – Purchase 10 reams of copy paper and other office supplies needed to respond to inmate inquiries
- $100 – Defray the costs associated with the screening and evaluation of a potential case, which requires the collection of thousands of pages of trial transcripts, police reports, and legal filings
- $300 – Cover the cost of an overnight trip for an attorney to travel to meet with one client
- $600 – Buy groceries for an exoneree for three months
- $1,000 – Pay for DNA testing on one item of evidence for an indigent client (each case requires at least 2 DNA analyses – so our client’s DNA can be compared to the evidence)
- $1,800 – Pay for one day of an expert’s time for consultation in preparation of and testimony during a hearing
- $2,400 – Pay for initial medical and dental exams/treatment for one exoneree
- $3,600 – Pay for three months of transitional services for an exoneree (At the time of release, the State provides nothing to the exoneree. If they are compensated, it typically takes at least two years before any monetary support is received.)
- $5,000 – Cover the costs of a comprehensive investigation in one case
- $10,000 – Pay the approximate costs associated with all necessary DNA testing in a single case to prove factual innocence
All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
More Ways to Support Us
- Include the Innocence Project of Florida in your Will (Click for sample wording)
- Make a charitable tax-free IRA rollover gift before December 31, 2013 (Click to learn more)
- Add IFP as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy or your retirement plan
- Host a Fundraiser – check out how to host an innocence house party
- Click to Amazon from our Books page and purchase a book
- Use Goodsearch as your search engine (select us at the Goodsearch site) GoodSearch.com is a new Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the non-profit organizations its users designate. Use it just as you would any search engine, get quality search results from Yahoo, and watch the donations add up!
- Use Goodshop to connect to hundreds of Internet retailers (select us at the Goodshop site) GoodShop.com is a new online shopping mall which donates up to 37 percent of each purchase to your favorite cause! Hundreds of great stores including Amazon, Target, Gap, Best Buy, ebay, Macy’s and Barnes & Noble have teamed up with GoodShop and every time you place an order, you’ll be supporting your favorite cause.
To learn more about charitable giving opportunities, please contact:Jackie Pugh, Development Coordinator Innocence Project of Florida, Inc. 1100 East Park Avenue Tallahassee, FL 32301 850.561.6767 firstname.lastname@example.org
FLORIDA REGISTRATION # CH21991
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
1-800-435-7352 – Calling from Within Florida
1-800-352-9832 – En Español
1-850-488-2221 – Calling from Outside of Florida